With nearly 6 million parking tickets being issued in 2017, and 1 in 5 of the AA’s members not knowing they’d done anything wrong, make sure that a busy schedule doesn’t lead you to an unexpected ticket this Christmas.
The AA have even produced a short video to remind you of the best way to avoid a ticket…
Simple ways to avoid getting a ticket:
- Read signs carefully – just because it’s a Sunday or Bank holiday it doesn’t mean parking is free.
- Inserting your registration properly – otherwise you could get a ticket
- Ensuring your pay- and- display or permit is clearly displayed
- Staying within the lines of the bay – if you’re over the line, you risk getting a ticket
- Set an alarm or use the AA app to make sure your back to the car on time
For more, visit the AA advice page